American Pacific Mortgage Blog
- May: APM Elevate Newsletterby APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on May 15, 2023 at 5:00 pm
REACH YOUR GOALS Spring 2023 Housing Market Update Spring has sprung, and so have home prices in many areas. A drop in the number of homes for sale has fueled a new round of bidding wars in some regions, and more homes are selling for above their asking prices, even with higher mortgage rates. Homes are selling faster, too, with almost 50% of homes selling within two weeks.
- Celebrating Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Monthby APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on May 5, 2023 at 3:00 pm
May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, a time for recognizing their significant contributions to the history, culture, and achievements in the United States. (Go here to learn more.) At APM, we wanted to take this opportunity to learn more about our APM Family and what their history, culture, and heritage means to them.
- 5 Homebuying Myths and Common Misconceptionsby APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on May 3, 2023 at 3:00 pm
We know buying a home can be intimidating. There are so many variables that can go into this big decision. Then there’s what you think you know—and what others think they know. A lot of this information can come from secondhand sources or even “expert” opinions you see on TV or on the internet. These opinions aren’t always wrong, but what they don’t take into account is your specific situation—or the fact that you have APM on your side.
- The Cost of Waiting to Buy in This Housing Marketby APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on April 24, 2023 at 3:00 pm
When it comes to investments, many people say it’s all about timing. While good advice in theory, there’s simply no way to time the market if you’re purchasing a sizable investment like a home. In a perfect world, interest rates and prices would both be low—and this does happen, but not very frequently.
- April: APM Elevate Newsletterby APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on April 17, 2023 at 3:00 pm
REACH YOUR GOALS National Home Prices Keep Falling Since hitting a peak in June 2022, home prices have fallen by 3% to 5% on average. While this is the second-biggest home price correction since the 1950s, it's still mild when compared to the 26% drop in prices between 2007 and 2012.
- How Does a Home Equity Line of Credit Work?by APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on April 10, 2023 at 3:00 pm
If you’re in need of cash but already have a killer rate on your first mortgage, and you don’t want to pay the high interest rates associated with a credit card, then a home equity line of credit—HELOC for short—may be the perfect solution. HELOCs work by utilizing the equity in your home. You’ve worked hard and consistently made your monthly payment, so why not let all the equity you’ve built up in your home now work for you?
- Pros and Cons of a Debt Consolidation Mortgage Refinanceby APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on March 27, 2023 at 6:00 pm
A debt consolidation refinance may let you kill two birds with one stone: It can allow you to achieve a lower interest rate on your debt while streamlining all your monthly payments into one. You’ll essentially consolidate debt obligations and roll them into your mortgage, but at a much lower interest rate. The result is a single payment at a lower interest rate: your monthly mortgage payment.
- Homebuyer Hacks for Today's Housing Marketby APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on March 10, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Buying a home can be an exhilarating experience. You’ll be hunting for your dream home, handpicking the perfect school district, and building generational wealth through real estate. That all sounds amazing, but the process to get there can undeniably have a few stressors.
- The Most Common First Time Homebuyer Mistakesby APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on February 28, 2023 at 4:00 pm
You did it—you saved for a down payment and closing costs, worked on your credit score, determined how much house you can afford, got pre-approved, and became a first time homebuyer. We’re exhausted just listing all you’ve accomplished! You should be proud of yourself—very proud of yourself.
- 7 Tips for First Time Homebuyersby APMarketing@apmortgage.com (American Pacific Mortgage) on February 20, 2023 at 4:00 pm
You’ve decided you want to buy a home. You’re ready to look at listings, view the next open house, and pick your favorite paint colors—but not so fast! You need to make sure you’re financially ready first.